General and technical 4x4 chat
General and technical 4x4 chat
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Vehicle Specific Forums
 Suzuki -
 jimny rocklobster
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

felix1
195x15

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2011 :  07:38:04  Show Profile  Visit felix1's Homepage Send felix1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
any help with rocklobster transfer box for jimny
currently have a sj box fitted to 31"s and its really not that good however the rocklobsters at 6:1 are (inc box ,postage) @600 which when you can get a decent jimny for a grand seams excessive

a guy on ebay soetimes makes them by coded welding but thats very iffy

Thanks

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Obarno
Starting Member

France
7 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2011 :  16:24:49  Show Profile Send Obarno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want a 4:1 rocklobster, which a lot of people do there are a couple of people to talk to - Rockwatt who you will find on the Difflock Forum, and RS manufacturing You must be logged in to see this link.
They both seem to be good - if you want a 6:1 then add in Off Road Armoury.
All the above also do a fitting kit.
Unfortunately modifications don't seem to come cheap, but a rocklobster transforms a Jimny with bigger tyres.
Go to Top of Page

newtomud
195x15

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2011 :  14:30:31  Show Profile Send newtomud a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been referred to Rockwatt, people say he's the best.. I want him to do a rocklobster for my SJ413 but I've got to get hold of a SJ410 T-box first.
Go to Top of Page

felix1
195x15

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2011 :  17:07:44  Show Profile  Visit felix1's Homepage Send felix1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newtomud

I've been referred to Rockwatt, people say he's the best.. I want him to do a rocklobster for my SJ413 but I've got to get hold of a SJ410 T-box first.

problem is no way to guarrante 410 , i have had 3 413 TB which were supposed to be 410
Go to Top of Page

minimog
195x15

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2011 :  22:45:40  Show Profile Send minimog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you will only get a 4.16 box by welding the gears of the 410/sammi box to get the 6.1 the gears would have to be made
i might have a 410 in the cuboard i will have a look for you

"if it carn't be fixed with a hammer it must be an electrical fault"
Go to Top of Page

newtomud
195x15

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  09:24:23  Show Profile Send newtomud a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by felix1

quote:
Originally posted by newtomud

problem is no way to guarrante 410 , i have had 3 413 TB which were supposed to be 410

When you want to check to see if a T-box you're buying is a 410.. Put it in low 4wd.. Then turn the output shaft exactly 1 turn.. the input shaft should turn 2 and a half times.. A 413 box will only turn 2 and a quarter times.
Go to Top of Page

felix1
195x15

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  15:45:47  Show Profile  Visit felix1's Homepage Send felix1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
goon news got 2 410 boxes and 1 413 plus 1 jimny box plus 1 refurbed 410 on my jimny now so going to have a bash at it

the 410 boxes are getting like rocking horse poo, i did 100 emails till got them and the price is up up up

but i still think 500 to 600 plus postage plus the box from rockwatt,rob stor,off road armory (they want a grand!!!) cheapes i have found is

You must be logged in to see this link. but you have to send them your box etc etc, oh well , will see how it goes

S Jimny,mini lobster,winch,5" lift,axel strenthening,diff strenthening,king pin gusset welding,extended brakes,extended hand brake,snorkel,twin battery,2 light bars,sealed electrics,31" tyres,zanfi petrol tank protector,TB protector,modded radius arms front,rear,radius arm protector,cb,hub extender,diff breather kit,bash plate,bull bar,spots,tow points,tow bar,rough county steering, pro comp shocks +ectenders,poly bushes
Go to Top of Page

David_LLAMA4x4
205x16

United Kingdom
82 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  20:24:32  Show Profile  Visit David_LLAMA4x4's Homepage Send David_LLAMA4x4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have just been mooching around the D&G Tuning website ( following the link above.....
Some of the stuff is very nice indeed, some seems pointless and I need to put my prices up!!!!!!!
Have you seen the price of their brake hoses? U-bolts? Brake proportioning valve? Fuelpumps? All mad money

The bits I do like are their YJ spring conversion kit and their front turrets for the SJ's though.

David
Go to Top of Page

minimog
195x15

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  11:57:29  Show Profile Send minimog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yep since they started stocking spidertrax stuff spidertrax will no longer sell direct(shame because there service was very good)now you have to wait for shipment to d &g then throught there process then shipping to you add all the inport/export dutys up and its not worth paying twice as much for

"if it carn't be fixed with a hammer it must be an electrical fault"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
General and technical 4x4 chat © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2